Passengers at the Sam Mbakwe Airport, Owerri had to run for their lives this morning when an electrical surge led to a fire incidence at the airport.
According to eye witness reports, Lagos based DJ Barbie was one of those sitting close to the central AC where the fire broke out.
‘Alot of people choked from smoke at the airport while It affected bookings and other flight procedures as the systems shutdown and electricity went off’.
See more photos and videos from the scene….
published by Victor Chijindu